Simple Sock Knitting
Time & Location
About the Event
Once you learn to knit socks, you're bound to become addicted to this satisfying small project. In this 2 session class, we'll knit a pair of toe-up socks with afterthought heels. This class is suitable for adventurous beginners and intermediate knitters alike; you just have to be comfortable working in the round.
Materials are not provided for this class. You will need:
- 2.25mm - 2.75mm* needles in whichever format you find most comfortable for working small circumference in the round, ie: DPNs, 9" Circular** or 24-32" Circular for magic loop.
- 50g+ 4-ply sock yarn. You can use multiple colours if you like or stick to just one. Contrasting heels, toes and cuffs are a classic look. You could also use a self-striping yarn. You need at least 50g or approx 200m, but you can make longer socks if you have more yarn. Here are some suggestions:
- CoopKnits Socks Yeah! 4-ply
- Fyberspates Vivacious 4-ply
- Giddy Aunt Yarns Merino Twist or Corriedale
- West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply
- West Yorkshire Spinners Exquisite 4-ply
* Choose the size you require to obtain gauge of 32 stitches per 4". It's better to knit socks slightly smaller than too large, so if in doubt, go with the smaller size.
** If you prefer a 9" circular for the main part of the sock, you will still need either DPNs or magic loop to work the toe and heel.
All participants may avail of a 10% discount in-store or online using the code in your confirmation email from registration until the end of the class.
- Simple Sock Knitting£25£250£0